What pages are on this website
History and People of the Fens.
- History - Gives a history of the Fens.
- People - Features prominent and not so
prominent people and families of the Fens or who shaped the Fens. Under
Hamlets, Villages, Towns and Parishes of the Fens.
- Localities - Listing all places of the
Fens, within a 12 mile radius of Wisbech.
- Parishes - Listing all Parishes and
Chapelries of the Fens, within a 12 mile radius of Wisbech.
- Counties - Has information pertaining
to the counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
Parish Records, Census, Churchyards and etc.
- The Wisbech Index - Indexes the
majority of records on this site. Featuring 17858 records.
- Indexes - Has links to all the indexes
that are on this site.
- Transcripts - Under
- Images - Maps, Plans and Photos of the
Fens. Under construction.
- Links - Links to other sites.
How to conduct your Family History in the Fens.
- Research - Gives hints and information
on researching your Family History for the Fens, showing what resources are available and
where they are located. Under construction.
Site visitors, Submissions, Research Queries, and etc.
- Submissions - For submitting parish
records, family histories and the like. Please support this site by sharing your own
- Surname and Subject List -
Add your research queries.
- Guest Book - Please leave a comment.
- Mailing Lists - You can subscribe to
the various mailing list that cover and over lap the Fens, in which you can ask for help
or possibly a look up. Also given on this page is support information for the Wisbech Area
This site was established on the
10th of May, 2001
Wisbech is the capital of the English Fens and the town itself
sits on both sides of the river Nene, which forms the border between the counties of
Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. Nine miles north on the western bank of the river Nene is the
border between the counties of Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
Used with permission of Verlag Karl Baedeker GMBH.